If you are competitive cyclist or love to ride, you likely have an an indoor trainer and may already be a big fan of this rapidly growing company. TrainerRoad provides structured indoor cycling training with detailed, real time feedback to make you a more powerful and faster cyclist.
In this episode you will hear how Nate Pearson and his co-founders started TrainerRoad on a shoestring budget and with no outside funding, and how only three months after launching their product they were able to quit their day jobs. After two short years, the company now has 11 full-time employees. More than 870,000 workouts have been logged with their software and thousands of workouts are completed each day. They have also doubled their revenue each year since launch.
Nate has some great words of wisdom to share about entrepreneurship including advice on working with co-founders, an expensive marketing mistake they made in the beginning, and his best tips for getting a product launched and keeping customers happy.
Tools and resources mentioned in today’s Endurance Sportswire podcast include:
- Zendesk – A leading cloud-based customer service software
- Camtasia – Easily record your on-screen activity or import HD camera video, customize and edit content, and share your videos with viewers on nearly any device
- UserVoice – Offers a customer support service for any website and allows users to give votes to their favorite suggestions
- Slowtwitch.com – A popular online triathlon magazine with product reviews, a bike fit guide, training tips, and several regular columnists
- Optimizely – Website optimization software that provides businesses the ability to conduct A/B testing, Multipage, and Multivariate testing
- Azure – an open and flexible cloud platform that enables you to quickly build, deploy and manage applications across a global network of datacenters.
- Google Analytics – a free Web analytics service that provides statistics and basic analytical tools for search engine optimization (SEO) and marketing purposes
If you enjoyed, we would really appreciate a review in iTunes here!
Join us on www.endurancesportswire.com/podcasts for recaps of every interview and loads of useful resources. Keep up to date on today’s endurance sports business news, jobs and announcements by signing up for our newsletter here.