Director of Sponsorship and Activation–
If you love motivating people, giving high fives and celebrating accomplishments with thousands of your closest friends, Virginia Beach is calling your name! At J&A Racing, not only are we an event management company that hosts world class events with a hometown feel, but we are also a high energy crew that loves what we do…and we LOVE running! With a mission to promote and support healthy lifestyles, we also think it is important that our staff has a healthy lifestyle too. We offer competitive salaries and benefits including health insurance, 401K, and flexible PTO.
The Director of Sponsorship and Activation is someone who is passionate about the fitness industry. This position will be responsible for managing the existing portfolio of sponsors associated with all of J&A Racing’s events, as well as fostering new relationships that will complement the existing races. This individual will oversee the entire sales process including prospecting, pitching, executing, and recapping of event partners. To be successful, this position needs to be someone who wants to work hard and play hard and is passionate about running, health and fitness. It is important that this person also has experience in the endurance industry.
- Responsible for managing current sponsor relations including event activation and post event recaps
- Develop and maintain a sales pipeline of new potential sponsors
- Manage client agreements to include negotiation, writing, and invoicing
- Manage Hotel partnerships across J&A Racing events in Virginia Beach, Norfolk and Hampton, Virginia
- Oversee J&A Racing premier charity partners
- Act as the lead point of contact for J&A Racing’s Post Race Celebrations and oversee management of sponsors, vendors, volunteers, and entertainment
- Ability to work in a team environment across all departments
- Administrative and other duties as assigned
- At least 3 years of sales experience required
- Event sponsorship sales preferred (sports, music, festivals)
- Proven ability to maintain a new sponsor pipeline
- Excellent written/verbal communication and time manage skills
- Ability to work independently and with minimal direction
- Must be available to work all J&A Racing events and other events as necessary
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Understanding of event marketing, including sporting events and what motivates people to participate
- Compensation commensurate with experience and expertise
- 401K and Medical
- Job location – Virginia Beach, VA (negotiable)
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit cover letter, resume and compensation requirements to email@example.com by September 23.