New Digital Platform Offers Experiential Content, Virtual Community For Members
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – USA Triathlon today announced the re-launch of its official website, usatriathlon.org, while unveiling a full range of user-based functionality designed to inform, educate and entertain the multisport audience. The site was developed in collaboration with Digitaria, a leading digital marketing and technology firm based in San Diego, Calif.
The completely revamped platform provides a host of new and significantly enhanced features:
• Personalization/Single Sign-On: Through a comprehensive integration with USA Triathlon’s membership database, annual members of the organization can now take advantage of a personalized experience through the site. This includes automated access to USA Triathlon Rankings, sponsor discounts, membership renewal/registration, National Championships qualification, etc.
• Navigation/Design: In addition to receiving a visual make-over, usatriathlon.org is better organized following the implementation of streamlined navigation. For example, the new “USAT For Me” portal allows users to more easily find information and sections that apply specifically to them. This includes customized educational resources such as webinars, camps, clinics and certification.
• Multimedia: Visitors to usatriathlon.org can consume a larger and more readily available library of video clips, photo galleries and podcasts. Much of the unique content has been produced only for the site – including training, racing and nutritional tips – and will be uploaded on a regular, ongoing basis.
• Online Community: The home page now migrates intuitive Facebook and Twitter posts for each logged-on user, while forums allow various constituency groups – including age-group and elite athletes, race directors, clubs, coaches and officials – to communicate.
• Sponsor Real Estate: For the first time USA Triathlon members can directly access sponsor discounts and special promotions from select USA Triathlon corporate partners while also learning about the latest product lines and services from industry leaders.
• National Event Microsites: Each USA Triathlon National Championship is now afforded its own virtual home through the new site, facilitating information and functionality customized to each event.
“After initiating a comprehensive strategy to re-invent our online presence, this new version of usatriathlon.org was created specifically with the multisport user in mind,” said Chuck Menke, USA Triathlon Director of Marketing and Communications. “If you are a long-standing member of USA Triathlon, or maybe someone considering your first-ever sprint race, we hope that our experiential content and online community will make visiting the site a daily ritual for anyone in our sport.”
On the backend, the platform provides USA Triathlon national office staff members with greater control and flexibility through an improved content management system. Website analytics, server support/hosting capabilities, security and Search Engine Optimization (SEO)/Search Engine Marketing (SEM) have all been upgraded as well.
Additional enhancements to the site are forthcoming, including Phase Two of the overall site build. A scalable, mobile-specific version of the site also will be introduced by the end of the year, and a new online store with originally produced USA Triathlon-branded merchandise and apparel is being developed for launch in 2012.
About USA Triathlon
Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon – one of the fastest growing sports in the world – as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. USA Triathlon sanctions 3,500 races and connects with more than 150,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches, and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including ITU World Championships, Pan American Games and the Summer Olympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the International Triathlon Union and the United States Olympic Committee.
Digitaria is a full-service Marketing and Technology firm, with offices in San Diego, New York, San Francisco, Los Angeles and Salt Lake City. Founded in 1997, Digitaria provides integrated business solutions that include digital product innovation, web strategy, interactive marketing, optimization and analytics, design, user experience, hosting and content management technology, and web development. Part of WPP, the world’s largest marketing services holding company, and aligned with legendary advertising agency JWT, the agency’s rapid growth has been built upon the melding of digital creative design with technology, which enables Digitaria to concept groundbreaking ideas and then use in-house resources and talent to bring those ideas to life. By offering customers the widest range of technology and services under one roof, Digitaria continues to provide innovative solutions that guarantee clients remain at the forefront of the digital revolution. Its clients include Qualcomm, NBC/Universal, Under Armour, Royal Caribbean, DreamWorks, the NFL and several of its franchises. Its website is www.digitaria.com.