January 25-27, 2019 - Tempe, AZ - Where the Business of Triathlon Gets Done
AUSTIN, TX (November 27, 2018) – In addition to the seven General Sessions and plenty of networking opportunities, the 9th Annual Triathlon Business International Conference January 25-27, 2019 in Tempe, AZ, will have three education tracks: (1) Race Directors; (2) Coaches and Clubs; and (3) Retail/Manufacturers. Each track will consist of five workshops, and focus on the trends and current issues within each group, with the goal of attendees taking away new ideas and solutions they can apply to their respective businesses.
Committees and committee members are:
- Mark Walter, Sun Multisport (chair)
- Greg Hawkins, Kinetic Multisports
- Eva Solomon, Epic Races
- Marcus Robinson, TBLOCKS
- Christina Reddick, ABD, Florida International University, Assistant Director, FIU Tri Club
- Rachel Martin, Pumpkinman Triathlon
- Brennan Lindner, Generic Events
- Jesse Kropelnicki, QT2 Systems, LLC (chair)
- Michael Ricci, D3 Multisport, Inc.
- Andy Clark, Alien Endurance
- Cliff English, ASU Women’s Triathlon Coach
- Jeff Scull, Edge Triathlon
- Ian Murray, LA Tri Club Head Coach
- Marilyn Chychota, Marilyn Chychota Coaching
- Trent Nix, TriShop (chair)
- Mark Vandermolen, Full Speed Ahead
- John Duquette, blueseventy
- Richelle Love, Tri It Multisport
- Dan Empfield, Slowtwitch.com
Each committee will determine the content of the workshops in their respective tracks using post-conference feedback from the 8th Annual Conference, as well as informal surveys of colleagues and personal industry experience. Once content is finalized, the committee members will contact and confirm the expert panelists and speakers for each topic. Workshop content will be announced in the coming weeks.
About the 9th Annual Conference
Check-in for the 2019 conference begins Friday morning in the lobby of the Palms Ballroom at the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel, with the first General Session slated to start at 1 p.m. Registration for TBI members is $475 and $575 for nonmembers through Dec. 9. On Dec. 10, both prices increase $50.
Of the seven general sessions – research, social media, State of the State: USAT, graphically recorded brainstorming, a conversation with the co-founders of one of world’s leading shoe manufacturers, and hot topics – one of the most popular is Speed Networking. Attendees will be talking fast with colleagues and trading business cards as the last session on Friday. It will be followed by a convivial networking reception in the courtyard of the hotel. A second networking reception at a nearby hotspot, Cabin Tempe, will be held on Saturday evening. The speedy contacts made during Speed Networking can be delved into while enjoying the balmy evening air of Tempe.
Ten awards also will be given throughout the conference: Best Published Article of 2018, Best Published Photo of 2018; Best Event Video; the Jason Kilderry Influential Coach Award; the Fastest Growing Tri Club; the Steve Hed Award; and four categories of Triathletes Choice “Best-of” Events.
TBI conference details and online registration are available at http://www.triathlonbusinessintl.com/2019-conference.html
Conference registration is open
- $475 through December 9, 2018 (This is an “all-in” fee; no additional charges will be added at checkout); member number required
- $525 from December 10 through January 7, 2019
- $575 from January 8, 2019 to the Conference
- $575 through December 9, 2018 (This is an “all-in” fee; no additional charges will be added at checkout)
- $625 from December 10 through January 7, 2019
- $675 from January 10, 2019 to the Conference
Sponsorship and Expo opportunities can be received by emailing Triathlon Business International.
About Triathlon Business International
Triathlon Business International is an industry organization dedicated to promoting the sport and the business of triathlon. Founded by a coalition of industry leaders, Triathlon Business International advocates for the interests of triathlon businesses, provides educational and informative programs, and encourages increased participation in the sport. For more information, please visit www.triathlonbusinessintl.com.
Follow TBI on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates on the 2019 conference and information on our members. If you haven’t signed up for the TBI newsletter, you can do it on the home page of the TBI website.
# # #