January 25-27, 2019 ~ Tempe, AZ ~ Where the Business of Triathlon Gets Done
Austin, TX – December 5, 2018 – Triathlon Business International (TBI) is scouring the world looking for triathlon events that are the “Triathletes Choice” best-of races in four categories: large event; small event; scenic course; and best first-timer event. Triathletes Choice event winners will be honored at the 2019 Annual TBI Conference, January 25-27, 2019 in Tempe, AZ, and will share the spotlight with the Ron Smith and Steve Hed Award winners, plus the best triathlon published article and photograph, influential coach, impactful triathlon club, and event videos.
The “Triathletes Choice” award criteria encompasses events around the world that: challenge, inspire or bring out the best in participants; create an atmosphere of fun, excitement and energy; go beyond the “call of duty” when it comes to customer service, participant safety, great organization and information, reasonable fees, coaching/advice, race day assistance, great volunteers; and/or, raises money for charitable causes.
“Triathletes Choice” categories are:
- Best Large Race (1,000+ registrants) – races with the same name in multiple cities must include the city along with the race name
- Best Small Race (less than 1,000 registrants) – races with the same name in multiple cities must include the city along with the race name
- Best Scenic Course (can be rural, including forests, mountains, meadows, creeks, rivers, pastoral, etc., or urban, including downtown streets and city landmarks)
- Time to Tri Best First-Timer Event (the event must focus on first-timers with an event goal of increasing participation in the sport by making is more accessible to kids, women, paratriathletes and other athletes who have never tried the sport. Preferably a first-time event, or an addition to an existing portfolio of events so that kids, women, paratriathletes and first-timers have an enjoyable first-experience.)
Nominate your event at: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/2018TriathletesChoice
Triathletes Choice nominations must be submitted through the Triathletes Choice Survey Monkey form no later than December 20, 2018. The top five nominated events in each of the categories will be announced on January 1, 2019 and triathletes will have one week to vote on the top event in each category. Voting will close at midnight January 8, 2019.
TBI conference details and online registration are available at http://www.triathlonbusinessintl.com/2019-conference.html
Current Members – Registration
- $475 through December 9, 2018 (This is an “all-in” fee; no additional charges will be added at checkout)
- $525 from December 10, 2018 to January 7, 2019
- $575 from January 8, 2019 to conference
Non-Members – Registration
- $575 through December 9, 2018 (This is an “all-in” fee; no additional charges will be added at checkout)
- $625 from December 10, 2018 to January 7, 2019
- $675 from January 8, 2019 to conference
Follow TBI on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates on the 2018 conference and information on our members. If you haven’t signed up for the TBI newsletter, you can do it on the home page of the TBI website