Austin, TX (May 23, 2019) – Triathlon Business International (TBI), the industry organization dedicated to advancing the business and sport of triathlon, today announced the election results for its 2019-20 Board of Directors and officers. The 23 TBI shareholders nominate Board candidates and then elect 13 to guide the organization for the coming year.
The following industry pros are the TBI Board of Directors for 2019-20 (in alphabetical order):
- Bob Babbitt, Babbittville Media Group (new)
- Rachel Sears Casanta, Hypercat Racing and Hypercat Cycleworks (new)
- John Duquette, blueseventy
- Dan Empfield, Slowtwitch.com
- Kelly Burns Gallagher, Esq., Sonic Endurance
- Eric Gilsenan, triathlon marketing consultant
- Sarah Hartmann, IRONMAN Foundation
- Eric Koenigs, ACTIVE Network
- Jesse Kropelnicki, Q2 Systems, LLC
- Leslie Reinhardt, Velotech, Inc./Trisports.com (new)
- Gary Roethenbaugh, MultiSport Research, Ltd., Great Britain
- Karen Sing, industry consultant/Slowtwitch
- Jay Weber, BASE Performance (new)
In accordance with the TBI by-laws, the current officers Dan Empfield (president) and John Duquette (secretary) will continue in their respective roles. Richard Adler will continue in his present role as CFO for the organization.
“I congratulate and welcome our new and returning Board members,” said president Dan Empfield. “TBI has some exciting developments coming this year, and in advance, I appreciate the work this board will do to support our success. I’d also like to express my thanks to Richard Adler and John Duquette for their support and leadership during the past year.”
About Triathlon Business International
Triathlon Business International is the world’s leading organization dedicated to promoting the sport and business of triathlon. Founded by a coalition of industry leaders, TBI’s mission is to leverage the knowledge, talent, and resources of the leaders in triathlon to the benefit of the sport by increasing and retaining advocates of triathlon and fostering a positive image of the sport. Follow TBI on Twitter and Facebook.
# # #