RunSignUp has outlined their roadmap for 2016 to help customers, and the broader race industry, understand how the company plans to address industry trends in the new year. With 10,268 races using RunSignUp in 2015, their roadmap is designed to meet the needs of races from 2 participants to 30,000+. The roadmap is broken into three areas: Race Promotion, Race, Day, and Education.
Race Promotion is a key issue for race directors in today’s competitive running market. RunSignUp’s current race promotion tools include free websites, integrated database email marketing, coupons, referral sharing & tracking, incomplete registration tracking, a mobile-friendly Facebook app, ad tracking, location heat maps, and a number of ROI tools. In 2016, they are looking to add to those services:
- Photos: An open platform for photos for race websites
- Automated Emails: Opt for automatic emails for common race occurrences (for example an email to incomplete registrations 2 days after they have still not successfully registered)
- Group Discount Automation: Set a discount based on number of registrants on a team, and automatically refund the difference when the team reaches their goal number
- Referral Sharing, Tracking, and Incentives: The current referral system will be extended to allow for refunds and non-monetary incentives to people who generate referrals
- Promotion Management Tool: Plan yearly promotions and chart registrations by marketing events
- RunSignUp Ad & Email Tracking: Track ads and emails more closely and develop better ROI reports
- Aging, Cost of Customer Acquisition and Lifetime Value of a Customer Report: Better measurement of your repeating business
Race Day trends have moved towards a social, fun race experience, easy last minute registration, and immediate access to results. To help race directors and timers keep up, RunSignUp’s 2016 goals include:
- RaceJoy Ready: Simple access to RaceJoy’s GPS tracking and social sharing and cheers with a map building tool and automated buyout options.
- Results App/Kiosk: Apple, android, and chrome apps that will work in semi-connected mode to limit internet needs
- Check-In App: Continued updates to the Check-In App to operate as a native app on iPhones, iPads, and Android devices.
- Registration Kiosk App: A fully-functional, card-swiping registration kiosk to work across devices, in semi-connected mode.
- RD Go – Next Generation: This multi—year project to develop a mobile/cloud version of The Race Director timing software will kick off with initial functionality released before the end of 2016.
The challenge of continually releasing technology updates is finding ways to educate race directors and timers on the functionality available to them. To enhance the existing RunSignUp tools – a Race/Director/Timer Symposium, Customer Case Studies, How To’s,, and Blogs – RunSignUp is looking at some significant improvements:
- 2016 Race Director/Timer Symposium: In the third year, the growing Symposium will include simultaneous tracks – one, with customers sharing their experiences, and one with RunSignUp tutorials of the system.
- How To Updates: All How To’s will be updated to show the new user interface released this year
- FAQ on Race Websites: A dynamic FAQ will be available to automatically appear on Race Websites to include the most common race queries
- FAQ for Race Directors: A FAQ for race directors available directly on their race dashboard
- Online Course & Certifications: A packaged (free) online course built out of help content to help race directors focus in on areas that are important to them, and track their progress as they learn and take advantage of more tools
Throughout the year, RunSignUp will continue to do countess micro-updates to the system, but the roadmap above outlines the major goals and general direction of the company over the next year. You can read more detail about the RunSignUp Roadmap here: https://runsignup.wordpress.com/?s=roadmap
RunSignUp is the leading innovator of online tools for Races and Running Clubs. Services include RunSignUp for race registration, RunSignUp Go for Race Day, RunSignUp RD Go for Timers, RunSignUp Clubs to enable membership management, and RaceJoy for mobile race experiences. More than 4,000 race directors, timers, and running club officers use these services today, including leading organizations like the Boilermaker Road Race, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc., Fifth Third River Bank Run, The Blacklight Run, The Glo Run, Leone Timing, and many more. Services are free except for processing fees when conducting monetary transactions such as race registration or club membership renewals. RunSignUp is founded by runners for runners, using technical capabilities to bring the power of cloud computing to benefit the running community. For more information, visit www.runsignup.com