Seven races attracting over 20,000 runners are spotlighted at the national level of this historic event series
Arlington, VA – The RRCA Championship Event Series is one of the oldest distance running traditions in the US, dating back to 1958 when the RRCA awarded their first championship designation. The goal of the RRCA Championship Event Series is to shine a spotlight on well-run, community-based events, and to promote the sport of running by recognizing the top performing runners in the Open, Masters (40+), Grand Masters (50+), and Senior Grand Masters (60+) categories for both men and women as RRCA Champions.
The 2016 RRCA Championship Event Series will conclude the year with over 250 races at the State, Regional and National level, attracting over 380,000 runners nationwide, making it the largest grassroots-organized running series in the U.S. The seven races that will comprise the 20167 RRCA National Championship Series anticipate total participation exceeding 20,000 runners combined.
Information about all RRCA Championship Events in the series can be found on the RRCA Calendar by selecting the option to sort for RRCA Champions at www.rrca.org/calendar/find-event
Congratulations to the 2017 RRCA National Championship Events:
- March 12, 2017 – 5K Championship – Saint Patrick’s Parade Corktown Races 5K – Detroit, MI http://www.corktownrace.com
- May 26, 2017 – 1 Mile Championship – Run Tucson Festival of Miles – Tucson, AZ http://azroadrunners.org/races/detail/mmd
- May 29, 2017 – 10K Championship – Fred D’Elia Ridgewood Run 10K – Englewood, NJ http://www.ridgewoodrun.com/
- September 24, 2017 -10 Mile Championship – The Genworth Virginia 10 Miler – Lynchburg, VA http://www.virginia10miler.com
- November 5, 2017 – Half Marathon Championship – Dallas Running Club Half Marathon – Dallas, TX http://drcalf.com
- November 26, 2017 – Marathon Championship – Space Coast Marathon – Cocoa Beach, FL http://www.spacecoastmarathon.com
- December 16, 2017 – Ultra Championship – Lookout Mountain 50 Mile – Chattanooga, TN http://wildtrails.org/events-fundraisers/wild-trails-race-series/lookout-mountain-50-miler/
About the RRCA:
The Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) is the oldest and largest national association of running organizations and runners dedicated to growing the sport since 1958. The RRCA champions the development of community-based running clubs and events that serve runners of all ages and abilities in pursuit of health and competition. The RRCA’s vision is to see an organized running club established in every community in the U.S. To learn more, visit: www.RRCA.org
# # #