Seven races attracting over 19,000 runners are spotlighted at the national level of this historic event series
Arlington, VA – The Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) Championship Event Series is one of the oldest traditions in distance running in United States, dating back to 1958, when the RRCA awarded its first championship designation. The goal of the RRCA Championship Event Series is to celebrate and shine to a spotlight on outstanding events that are locally-organized. The RRCA promotes the sport of running through its Championship Event Series by recognizing the top performing runners in the Open, Masters (40+), Grand Masters (50+), and Senior Grand Masters (60+) categories for both men and women by providing them with the sought-after commemorative RRCA Champions’ medal.
The 2018 RRCA Championship Event Series will conclude the year with over 240 races at the State, Regional and National level, attracting over 340,000 runners nationwide, making it the largest grassroots-organized, running event series in the U.S. The seven races that will comprise the 2019 RRCA National Championship Series anticipate total participation exceeding 19,000 runners combined.
Congratulations to the 2019 RRCA National Championship Events:
- April 14, 2019 – 10 Mile National Championship – Presidio 10, San Francisco, CA https://presidio10.guardsmen.org
- April 27, 2019 – 10K National Championship – Get in Gear 10K, St. Paul, MN www.getingearevents.com
- May 11, 2019 – Ultra National Championship – Ice Age Trail 50 Mile, LaGrange, WI https://iceagetrail50.com
- May 26, 2019 – Marathon National Championship – People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon, Burlington, VT www.vermontcitymarathon.org
- June 15, 2019 – 5K National Championship – Kalamazoo Klassic 5K, Kalamazoo, MI http://kalamazooklassic.org
- August 3, 2019 – 1 Mile National Championship – State Street Mile, Rockford, IL www.rockfordroadrunners.org
- October 27, 2019 – Half Marathon National Championship – Houston Half Marathon, Houston, TX http://houstonnhalf.com
The RRCA National Marathon Championship People’s United Bank Vermont City Marathon will provide $20,000 in prize money, while the National 10K Championship Get in Gear 10K will provide over $6,000 in prize money.
RRCA Championship Events receive sponsorship support from Gatorade as the Official Fluid Replacement Drink of the RRCA; Ashworth Awards as the Official Awards Provider for the series; and from the RRCA as the supplier of race numbers and as a promotional partner.
Information about all RRCA Championship Events in the series can be found at : RRCA.org/our-programs-services/programs/rrca-championship-series
About the RRCA: The Road Runners Club of America (RRCA) is the oldest and largest national association of running organizations and runners dedicated to growing the sport since 1958. The RRCA champions the development of community-based running clubs and events that serve runners of all ages and abilities in pursuit of health and competition. The RRCA’s vision is to see organized and active running clubs and events established in every community in the U.S. To learn more, visit: www.RRCA.org