P3R Announces Key Leadership Changes
July 1, 2019
Troy Schooley assumes the role of CEO and promotes several staff members after a year of significant achievements
PITTSBURGH, PA (July 1, 2019) – P3R, the engine behind Pittsburgh’s greatest races like the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events, is pleased to announce the appointment of Troy Schooley as the new Chief Executive Officer effective immediately. The long-time P3R Senior Vice President of Sales and Partnerships succeeds P3R company founder and CEO / Race Director Patrice Matamoros.
“The transition from Patrice to Troy has been seamless. It’s a testament to their individual character and their shared dedication to P3R’s mission,” said David Roger, President of the P3R Board of Directors. “We were fortunate to find the best candidate—and one who is uniquely qualified for the job—was already part of our team. Troy has become a widely-recognized leader in the field and a tremendous asset to our organization, and we are excited to see what he will accomplish as CEO.”
Building on the solid foundation and momentum achieved by P3R over the past 11 years, Schooley will lead the team in implementing the organization’s mission to inspire any and all to Run With P3R. His vision is to provide anyone and everyone who participates in a P3R race or program with an exceptional experience to keep them motivated to move year-round and coming back for some of the best races in the nation.
Helping Schooley to Keep Pittsburgh Running is a new senior management team comprised of professionals who bring a great mix of experience, enthusiasm and a passion for spreading the love of running. These leadership appointments will help to support P3R’s long-term growth.
“I’m thrilled to announce the new leadership team and the promotion of others within our organization. This team will continue P3R’s upward momentum as a nationwide leader in the endurance space,” said Schooley. “This is a collection of talented and dedicated people who will continue to carry the P3R mission throughout all of our races and programs.”
- Allison Corbett has been promoted to SVP of Marketing and Communications. She will oversee the development and implementation of all marketing communications activities. Corbett will direct the growing communications and registration teams as they work to deliver the best possible customer experience from the instant participants sign up through the moment they cross the finish line—and long after.
- Caroline Fitzgerald has been promoted to VP of Partnerships and Runner Experience. She will manage the organization’s extensive partnership portfolio to continue to enhance the race day experience for all stakeholders. Fitzgerald will also lead the P3R Gear and Set.MOVE. quarterly subscription box teams to outfit runners with exclusive merchandise throughout their training and on race day.
- Dan Monhemius has been promoted to Director of Finance. In addition to administering and advising on all financial activities, he will also support the year-round American Development Program that is designed to increase exposure and racing opportunities for emerging professional runners.
- Leslie Turis has been promoted to Director of Youth Programming. She will guide the day-to-day operations and outreach efforts of the award-winning Kids of STEEL program, which now operates at more than 145 sites throughout 12 counties and culminates in one of the largest kids races in the nation.
- Other noteworthy promotions include Troy Witt as Manager of Brand and Community Partnerships, Kristin Long as Manager of Merchandise and Community Relations, and Brian Schmidt and Dylan Junker as Operations Managers. These appointments are based on their expanded roles and burgeoning responsibilities for P3R’s year-round calendar of races and programs.
The entire P3R team is busy preparing for signature and partner races for the summer and fall months, including the Fleet Feet Liberty Mile on Aug. 9; FlyBy 5K and 2-Mile Fun presented by CNX Resources on Sept. 21; Richard S. Caliguiri City of Pittsburgh Great Race presented by Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield and Dollar Bank Junior Great Race on Sept. 28-29; GAP Relay presented by UPMC Health Plan on Oct. 12-13; and EQT Pittsburgh 10 Miler on Nov. 2.
Plus, the organization is also planning for registration opening day in early August for the 2020 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events.
# # #
P3R is the engine behind Pittsburgh’s greatest races. We strive to inspire any and all to run with us. Best known for organizing the acclaimed annual DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, P3R runs a variety of other high-quality races, events, and health and fitness programs throughout the Pittsburgh region. While many of our races attract some of the nation’s highest-profile professional athletes, we offer activities for all ages and ability levels. Anyone and everyone is invited to #RUNwithP3R! Read more at: P3R.org