RunSignUp has released their 4th Generation Check-In App, this one running as a native app on Apple and Android. Highlights of the new app include:
- Built-in Camera Support so that phone cameras can be used to read barcodes and QR codes that have been sent to runners.
- Fast Check-In: when participants are sent confirmation numbers in QR code or barcode format via the free email system, they can be checked in fast. QR codes can be read in under 1 second!
- Waiver Signature collection of participants who have not signed their waivers can be done via the phones and tablets used for check-in.
- Custom options and fields to display during check-in.
The various Check-In Apps available from RunSignUp have different strengths and use-cases. Their major differences:
- The Online Check-In App is good for instant syncing with the Cloud Database, but requires fast and consistent internet access. This is often used by running stores for smaller in-store packet pickup.
- The Check-In Chrome App is good with inconsistent internet, and can help streamline a multi-step check-in process with new features around label and receipt printing.
The App is free to use, and can be downloaded to your phone or tablet via the Apple or Android Store by searching for RunSignUp, and selecting the Check-In App. Once downloaded, the preset options can be locked to prevent inadvertent changes, making the check-in process intuitive for volunteers. You can learn more about the settings and options here: https://runsignup.wordpress.com/2016/04/08/check-in-app-now-native-for-apple-android/
RunSignUp is the leading innovator of online tools for races registration, race day solutions, and running clubs. Services include RunSignUp for registration, RunSignUp Go for Race Day, RunSignUp RD Go for Timers, RunSignUp Clubs to enable membership management, and RaceJoy for mobile experiences. More than 10,000 race directors, timers, running club officers and running stores use these services today, including leading organizations like the Boilermaker Road Race, Crim Festival of Races, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc., Fifth Third River Bank Run, Blacklight Run, Bubble Run, Night Nation, Mercedes Marathon, Kentucky Derby Festival, Leone Timing, KC Running Company, Compuscore Timing, Knoxville Track Club, Pike Peak Road Runners, Gulf Coast Runners, Columbus Running Company, Playmakers Running Store and many more. In 2015, over 10,000 races used the system to register more than 2.7 million participants. Services are free except for processing fees when conducting monetary transactions such as race registration or club membership renewal. RunSignUp is founded by runners for runners, using technical capabilities to bring the power of cloud computing to benefit the running community. For more information, visit www.RunSignUp.com.