At USA Triathlon, we believe that life is better when you swim, bike and run.
USA Triathlon is the Olympic and Paralympic National Governing Body (NGB) for the sport of triathlon and all things multisport and is the largest multisport organization in the world. We spend every day thinking about ways to grow and support the sport. We’re building the most innovative service organization in sports and transforming lives by inspiring participation to help communities become healthier. We also represent our country at the highest levels of international competition, striving to win medals with class and integrity.
We are defining the modern-day NGB, with innovation as a cornerstone of our strategy. We are guided by principles of service leadership, performance excellence, collaboration, and diversity and inclusion at all levels of the organization. Our focus on listening, collaborating and adapting our existing model has allowed us to create step function changes in our business model, governance and constituent support, and play a leadership role throughout the Olympic and Paralympic Movement.
We are all about going above and beyond to serve the triathlon community, and we work equally hard to serve our teammates. We are committed to being the best place to work in the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic movement by focusing on hiring, training and promoting talented, dedicated, passionate individuals who want to get better every day. We have unlimited vacation, 100% paid medical benefits, access to the U.S. Olympic & Paralympic Training Center and more.
Come to Colorado Springs, ranked No. 4 as a Best Place to Live by U.S. News & World Report in its 2020-2021 survey! USA Triathlon was selected as one of Front Office Sports 2020 Best Employers in Sports! USA Triathlon was also selected as an honorable mention in Outside Magazine’s 2020 Best Places to Work. (https://www.outsideonline.com/2418305/best-places-work-2020). USA Triathlon has been nationally recognized for its commitment to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Access, having been awarded the USOPC’s Advancements in Diversity and Inclusion Award in 2017 and the USOPC’s National Governing Bodies’ Diversity & Inclusion Choice Award in 2018 and 2019. Be part of the Olympic & Paralympic movement. Hone your skills and expertise while creating opportunities for triathletes to live their best lives.
We hope you are ready for a fulfilling challenge.
An experienced and driven professional to oversee day-to-day operations for all organizational marketing initiatives, brand-related campaigns, and promotional strategies for membership acquisition, retention and upgrades, owned national events, and constituent support. Oversees the organization’s official website, www.usatriathlon.org, and social media strategy, and collaborates with Senior Content Manager on email communication and marketing strategy.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Under the guidance of leadership, develop the objectives, strategies and launch plans for key organizational initiatives throughout the year
- Drive and execute marketing campaigns geared toward growing the sport among fitness enthusiasts, active seekers and youth, shifting the perception of the sport among both participants and non-participants, and driving interest for Paris 2024 and LA 2028
- Project manage each initiative and campaign, including identifying KPIs, managing project schedule, ensuring cross-functional support and engagement, and analyzing campaign performances with internal data team
- Manage annual email marketing strategy and serve as primary contact for USA Triathlon e-communications platform, Marketo, and work closely with Senior Content Manager to develop and implement annual email communications strategy
- Develop and oversee strategy to grow performance of social media channels based on KPIs
Oversee digital strategy and assume project management responsibilities for USA Triathlon’s official website, usatriathlon.org
- Serve as digital lead for industry-wide Time to Tri growth initiative, including responsibility for enhancing the digital platform experience and reaching the audience via proven digital approaches
- Manage day-to-day marketing campaigns for membership retention, acquisition and upgrades, owned event registrations, and constituent support and outreach
- Other duties as assigned
This position has supervisory responsibilities of three full-time positions.
- Minimum 5-7 years professional experience in business, marketing, communications or related field
- Understanding of various social media outlets and ability to follow emerging trends
- Bachelor’s degree (preference in marketing)
- Knowledgeable with sports, experiential, and digital marketing solutions
- Creative, forward-thinker, excellent listener and communicator
- Experience with marketo or similar email marketing platform, and wordpress, laravel nova or similar CMS platform(s)
- Possesses strong organizational and time management skills to effectively manage multiple projects at a time
- Desire to work within a fast-paced environment as part of a team
- Ability to travel for events and work a flexible schedule, including off-hours, weekends and holidays
- Ability to work long hours at events with time spent on feet, walking around
- Familiarity with the sport of triathlon, or endurance sports, is preferred but not required
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment as part of a team atmosphere, including effective coordination with members of other departments
A Cover Letter is required along with your resume.
Additional Job Information:
Hiring Pay Range: $55k-$75k
This is a full time, exempt position.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, gender identity, marital or veteran status, or any other protected class.
To apply for this job please visit www.teamusa.org.