New York Road Runners (NYRR) was founded in 1958 when a small group of passionate runners vowed to bring running to the people and has grown from a local running club into the world’s premier community running organization. NYRR’s mission is to help and inspire through running, aiming to empower people of all ages and abilities to improve their health and well-being through the power of running and fitness.
NYRR’s year-round offerings of races, community events, programs, and training resources provide hundreds of thousands of people with the motivation, know-how, and opportunities to start running and keep running for life. NYRR’s premier event, the famed TCS New York City Marathon, attracts the world’s top professional runners and committed amateurs alike, while also raising millions of dollars annually for charity and driving economic impact for New York City. NYRR is equally committed to the runners of tomorrow, passionately providing youth fitness programs which educate and inspire children in underserved communities in New York City, nationwide, and around the world.
Headquartered in New York City, NYRR is a 501(c)(3) organization. To learn more, please visit www.nyrr.org.
New York Road Runners is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About the Department
Our Event Development and Production (ED&P) department develops and produces NYRR events from concept all the way through execution in a way which fulfills NYRR’s mission. NYRR produces 56 races per year, in addition to the TCS New York City Marathon, and additional events within each race. The events team is responsible for physical site management, volunteer management, hospitality and special events, safety& security, and managing our Warehouse and all race collateral.
About the Position
The Director, Inventory Control reports to the Head of Warehouse Operations and serves as a member of the larger Warehouse Operations team. The Director, Inventory Control is responsible for the oversight of all durable and consumable NYRR assets stored in NYRR facilities, proper record keeping and reporting, and coordination across departments on procurement and management of inventory.
Job Responsibilities (primary and secondary duties):
- Manage inbound receiving of all new items entering NYRR warehouse facilities. Communicating with internal departments for respective deliveries.
- Ensures adequate inventory of all materials and products in accordance with inventory cycles and organizational philosophy and needs.
- Conducts daily inventory analysis to resolve inventory problems and reports discrepancies once discovered. Maintains location survey accuracy and an inventory accuracy of all items stored within the NYRR Warehouse facility.
- Communicates frequently with the Warehouse Management team on topics pertaining to current stock levels and assists with the implementation and enforcement of policies for product leaving the control of NYRR in support of race events, as well as NYRR property utilized by third-party contractors in the execution of races.
- Serve as the main point of contact for all requests for inventory verification, and work closely with internal teams including Procurement, Licensing & Merchandising and Creative Services on the receiving and quality control of shipments.
- Manage inventory and consumption tracking process of all NYRR sponsored product and other consumable items.
- Working with warehouse operations team, ensure standing inventory on kits utilized for regular events are restocked and balanced in between events.
- Coordinate with IT department on development and maintenance of inventory management software systems and related hardware. Serve as liaison for all warehouse IT needs.
- Oversee donation of expired consumable product and outdated branded goods.
Manage the day-to-day supervision and productivity of the quality control and inventory management team in the execution of assigned tasks.
- On-site event day support (rotation basis).
- 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience working with database systems or inventory management platforms.
- Familiarity with types of equipment utilized in outdoor event environments.
- Valid, clean driver’s license; commercial driver’s license preferred.
- Forklift certification or the ability to acquire one within 30 days of employment.
- Forklift experience preferred.
Education & Certifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Accounting, Business or related fields preferred
Skills and Attributes:
- Adaptable to a flexible schedule, must be able to work occasional nights and weekends as needed in support of NYRR events.
- Strong team player with the ability to maintain confidentiality and lead by example across multiple functions.
- Must be able to manage multiple requests and projects simultaneously and stay calm in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook, Teams).
- Attention to detail and high degree of organization.
- Excellent communication skills, including verbal and written skills. Bilingual Spanish fluency a plus.
- Role is based primarily out of NYRR warehouse facility in the Bronx. Role may be occasionally required to report to NYRR 56th Street offices, NYRR RunCenter and/or to event sites within the five boroughs of NYC.
- Must be able to lift 40 pounds.
- Able to sit and work at computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to stand and walk for long periods of time.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com