San Francisco, Calif. — April 27, 2012 —Eventbrite, the self-service registration and ticketing platform, today announced the release of a tailored product for organizers and participants of endurance races. Known in the ticketing space for its industry-leading social sharing tools and partnerships, Eventbrite has processed over 57 million tickets and registrations, and hosted over 500,000 events in the last year – including many in the endurance space such as lululemon’s Sea Wheeze Half Marathon, US Marine Corps Ultimate Challenge Mud Run, Gran Fondo New York and Metro Dash events across the country.
The full-service registration solution, which was customized based on feedback from endurance organizers and participants, includes the ability for race organizers to sell merchandise along with registration prior to the event, and allows for easier team registration sign up and management. Race organizers can also automatically assign bib numbers as participants register for their event.
“Eventbrite provides an unparalleled offering for event organizers and attendees in terms of ease of use, social sharing capabilities and customer support,” said Bill Toomey, director of the US Marine Corps Ultimate Challenge Mud Run. “We’ve been able to take Eventbrite’s fully customizable registration platform, and make it look like a seamless extension of our website.”
The new functionality for the endurance event organizers is built on top of the industry-leading social sharing tools that Eventbrite is known for today, and helps turn athletes into promoters for their events. In fact, every time someone shares an event on Facebook from Eventbrite’s platform, it generates $2.52 in registration and ticket sales – and 11 visits back to the fully customized event page.
Additional benefits of Eventbrite’s offering includes:
- Soup to nuts online registration and check-in solution, from custom branded registration page to innovative check-in tools and mobile apps
- Event marketing tools and social partnerships to help participants easily find and share events
- Upsell functionality to allow athletes to purchase event merchandise at point of registration
- Unmatched data, analytics and reporting for organizers
- Account management and 24/7 customer service – for organizers and participants
- Optimized registration flow for athletes – less clicks and pages, and no log in required to complete registration
- Easy switching to registration terminology on event pages
- Hassle-free team registration for athletes to create or join existing teams
- Smart sequencing and assignment of bib numbers for race participants
To learn more about Eventbrite’s registration offering for endurance events, go to http://www.eventbrite.com/endurance.
Eventbrite enables people all over the world to plan, promote, and sell out any event. And Eventbrite makes it easy for everyone to discover events, and to share the events they are attending with the people they know. In this way, Eventbrite brings communities together by encouraging people to connect through live experiences around the globe (UK, France, Spain, Canada French/English, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand). Eventbrite’s investors include Tiger Global, Sequoia Capital, DAG Ventures, and Tenaya Capital. Learn more at www.eventbrite.com.