(October 4th, 2018) – Specialist research and consultancy firm MultiSport Research has released updated social media benchmarking data, for September 2018, helping endurance sport brands to track their competitors on social.
The Endurance Sport Social Analytics (ESSA) Data benchmarks 720+ leading international endurance sport brands on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and YouTube. It helps brands to see how they stack up against: (1) the endurance sport industry overall; (2) specific endurance sport market sectors; and (3) against key competitors.
Data is used to help brands monitor, adapt and refine their activation in each social channel. And, as a special offer, for a limited period, the latest September 2018 dataset is available for a special discounted price of US$150 (£120). This represents a significant saving (US$500!), and is available to the first 50 purchasers only.
Analyzing the latest data for Sep 4th to Oct 1st, 2018, summary findings for endurance sport brands include:
- Facebook has seen a slight drop in engagement (combining post reactions, comments and shares as a proportion of overall fan numbers). The latest period saw an average engagement of 0.19%. This compares to 0.24% on Facebook in April 2018.
- Instagram remains the fastest growing mainstream social media platform for endurance sport brands’ follower growth (+0.65% weekly growth on average). This compares to +0.46% subscriber/follower growth for YouTube, +0.14% weekly growth for Facebook and +0.09% for Twitter.
- On Instagram there were 138 endurance brand profiles with more than a 2% post interaction rate (likes, comments, etc., on individual posts) in September. Out of this, 38 profiles surpassed the 10% post interaction mark. (ESSA data purchasers can check out each profile to see first-hand how winning brands are connecting with athletes.)
- Clearly, some brands are managing to stand out on social. Of the 7 brands with more than 15% post interaction on Instagram, there were only 14 Instagram posts – an average of two per brand across the month of September. This is an illustration that delivering quality, targeted posts remains a key requirement.
- In the four weeks to Oct 1st, out of the 2460 social profiles analysed for 720+ endurance sport companies in the ESSA Data, there were 68,000 social posts across Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube. This resulted in 104 million social interactions.
“The Endurance Sport Social Analytics (ESSA) Data helps brands to see how they measure up in the ever-changing world of social media,” said MultiSport Research Managing Director, Gary Roethenbaugh.
“Gaining insight into competitors and their social media performance is essential for brands to remain competitive.”
MultiSport Research’s North America Director Kate Morefield, added, “Using the ESSA Data – through benchmarking against competitors and assessing key performance indicators (KPIs) – brands can compare, adapt and refine their own social activity. This translates into a more cost-effective and impactful social media strategy.”
She continued, “Given the amount that is being spent on paid-boosted posts, and the changes underway across all social platforms, the endurance sport industry should keep informed on the latest benchmark data. In turn, this will help deliver a return on investment.”
Tracking extensive data on more than 720 brands, from 2XU through to Zwift, and encompassing the largest through to the smallest operators, the ESSA Data encompasses five main categories: Gear, Coaches, Media, Retail and Races.
The September 2018 edition of the ESSA Data is available as an extensive Excel data workbook detailing 720+ companies across the four social platforms and all key performance indicators. For a limited time, the September 2018 ESSA Data is available at an exclusive discounted price of US$150 (£120). Available now via bit.ly/ESSADataSep2018.
About Endurance Sport Social Analytics Data and reports
The ESSA Data offers detailed analysis drilling down into sub-categories. This data helps companies answer key strategic questions, such as:
- How do we compare against our competitor brands?
- What can we learn from social media activity undertaken by others?
- What types of post are most likely to resonate with the athlete community?
- What types of image, post text and subject matter is most successful?
About MultiSport Research
Established in 2010, MultiSport Research (MSR) specialises in market insight and analysis services for the global endurance sport industry. Its services are independent, vigorously researched and strictly confidential.
To help the endurance sport industry continue its path to growth, MSR offers a core suite of services. These include: category and market quantification; consumer insight; benchmarking and competitor analysis; event services; and consulting.
Alongside these services, the MSR team keep their finger on the pulse through industry news site: endurancebusiness.com. Feel free stop by the news site, sign-up for daily e-mail news and follow us on social to check out the latest industry developments.
For more information on MSR, please visit www.multisportresearch.com.
For more information on endurancebusiness.com, please visit www.endurancebusiness.com.
– ENDS –