Colorado Classic® presented by VF Corporation Releases Competition Jerseys
July 24, 2019
This year’s jerseys feature unique designs and awards highlighting race’s mission
(DENVER, CO—JULY 24, 2019) – The 2019 Colorado Classic® presented by VF Corporation has released competition jersey awards and designs for this year’s race that celebrate the race’s mission for advancing opportunity for women’s pro cycling. This year’s jersey awards include: Gates Corporation GC – General Classification, the Colorado Tourism Office QOM – Queen of the Mountain, the FirstBank Sprint Leader, the VF Corporation Best Young Rider, the VF Corporation Most Badass Rider, and the Audi Most Inspirational Rider.
The base jersey design was centered around conveying the inspiring attributes of the women riders who will be wearing them — Badass, Game-Changer, Fierce, Inspire, Epic and #WeRide — while still meeting international competition criteria.
The technical clothing provider, Primal Wear, did an outstanding job of working with the Colorado Classic team to bring these two elements together into a passionate design that incorporates contemporary colors for each competition.
A replica Gates Corporation General Classification Jersey will be available for purchase at a later date online and at the event. You can see the existing merchandise offerings here: https://www.primalwear.com/collections/colorado-classic
This year’s competition jersey award categories include:
- Gates Corporation GC – General Classification – This is awarded to the rider with lowest cumulative total time, AKA the Overall Race Leader.
- Colorado Tourism Office QOM – Queen of the Mountain – This is awarded to the rider with the highest point total from the tops of designated climbs on three of the courses.
- FirstBank Sprint Leader – This is awarded to the rider with the highest point total from designated sprint lines on each course.
- VF Corporation Best Young Rider – This is awarded to the rider under the designated age (typically 25) who has the highest place on General Classification.
- VF Corporation Most Badass Rider – This is a jury-awarded jersey that is awarded to the racer who demonstrates the following during the race:
– Fearlessness – Races with no fear of consequences
– Aggression – Takes action to the race versus being reactive
– Confidence – Conducts herself with commanding attitude
- Audi Most Inspirational Rider – This is a jury-awarded jersey that is awarded to the racer who demonstrates the following during the race:
– Perseverance – Determined to reach their goal at all costs
– Grit – Does not let barriers stand in her way
– Deep Dedication – Digs into emotional reserves beyond the average racer
The Colorado Classic is a game-changing pro cycling race that is advancing opportunity for women athletes by focusing only on women’s racing, offering higher prize money, live start-to-finish TV coverage, more challenging routes, favorable start times and greater opportunity for racers and teams. The Classic is a standalone UCI 2.1 four-stage pro cycling race coming to Colorado through Steamboat Springs, Avon, Golden and Denver from August 22 through 25.
To view the competition jersey assets, click on this link.
About RPM Events Group
RPM Events Group LLC is a Colorado-based company committed to re-imagining professional cycling events while providing meaningful social and economic impact. The company owns and organizes the Colorado Classic presented by VF Corporation — a world-class women’s pro road race August 22-25, 2019— the only UCI 2.1 women’s stage race in the Western Hemisphere and on USA Cycling’s Pro Road Tour. www.rpmeventsgroup.com
About VF Corporation
VF Corporation outfits consumers around the world with its diverse portfolio of iconic outdoor and activity-based lifestyle and workwear brands, including Vans®, The North Face®, Timberland® and Dickies®. Founded in 1899, VF is one of the world’s largest apparel, footwear and accessories companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. VF is committed to delivering innovative products to consumers and creating long-term value for its customers and shareholders. For more information, visit www.vfc.com.