Bike Shipping Company looks forward to the next decade
PORTLAND, OR (July 8, 2019) – BikeFlights.com, a bicycle shipping service for cyclists, is pleased to announce that it turns 10 years old this month. Throughout July, BikeFlights.com is celebrating a decade of shipping bikes, wheels and gear.
“I started BikeFlights.com to make it easier to adventure with your bike. People loved our shipping service, and over time, the word spread,” said William Alcorn, BikeFlights.com’s President. “Now we ship bikes not only for cyclists who are traveling or selling their bikes online, but also for bike shops, bike manufacturers and many other bike industry companies. Thank you to all of our customers, partners and supporters who have helped us get to this point – we couldn’t have done it without you.”
The list below summarizes many of the highlights of BikeFlights.com’s first 10 years.
- July 2009 – BikeFlights.com is born out of desire to make it easier to adventure by bike.
- April 2010– BikeFlights.com releases version 2.0 of its online shipping tool.
- December 2011– BikeFlights.com relocates to Portland, Oregon.
- April 2013– BikeFlights.com attends its first Sea Otter Classic.
- June 2014 – BikeFlights.com launches its growth plan.
- September 2014– BikeFlights.com exhibits at its first Interbike.
- September 2014– BikeFlights.com launches a mobile-friendly site that lets frequent customers book shipments in as few as 11 clicks.
- April 2015– BikeFlights.com begins its Brand Ambassador Program.
- January 2016 – BikeFlights.com launches its Buck Up For Bikes Program. To date, the program has raised $56,000 for organizations like Trips for Kids, the National Interscholastic Cycling Association (NICA), the Amy D. Foundation and Little Bellas.
- June 2016– BikeFlights.com begins its partnership with USA Cycling.
- July 2016 – BikeFlights.com designs and sells its first (cardboard) bike shipping box.
- July 2017 – BikeFlights.com launches its second (corrugated plastic) bike shipping box.
- October 2017 – BikeFlights.com enables e-bike shipping.
- September 2018– BikeFlights.com conducts its first staff retreat.
- January 2019 – BikeFlights.com becomes the Official Bicycle Shipping Service of the Tour de France.
- February 2019– BikeFlights.com reaches the 500,000 shipments milestone.
- March 2019– BikeFlights.com expands its service with new partner carrier UPS.
- April 2019– BikeFlights.com launches its Sustainability Initiative.
“It’s been an amazing 10 years, and I’m excited for what the next decade will bring,” said Alcorn.
To get started shipping your bike, go to BikeFlights.com.
BikeFlights.com is the leading bicycle shipping service for cyclists. You get great rates, excellent service and premium protection with every shipment. We make it easy for you to ship your bike, whether it’s for your next event, vacation or work trip, or it’s headed to its new owner. Join the over 500,000 cyclists who have used BikeFlights.com since 2009.
For more information, visit www.BikeFlights.com.