Registration now open for the Oct. 26-27 event in Tempe, Arizona
COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. — USA Triathlon today announced a dynamic lineup of U.S. and international multisport experts who will present at the Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium, set for Oct. 26-27 in Tempe, Arizona. Alex Hutchinson, a National Magazine Award-winning science journalist and New York Times bestselling author, will present the keynote speech.
The biannual event is a unique and robust educational opportunity for triathlon coaches to network and learn from leaders across the industry. This year’s event will be held at the Tempe Mission Palms Hotel, and USA Triathlon-Certified Coaches can earn 15 USA Triathlon CEUs for attending the entire conference. The cost is $595 for USA Triathlon-Certified Coaches, $625 for USA Triathlon annual members and $655 for the general public. Registration is now open. For more information and a link to register, visit the event homepage at usatriathlon.org/artandscience.
Hutchinson writes about the science of endurance sports for Outside magazine, Runner’s World and other leading publications. He is the author of New York Times bestseller “ENDURE: Mind, Body and the Curiously Elastic Limits of Human Performance,” which examines the science behind athletic endurance, perceived physical barriers and their connection to the brain.
Before becoming a journalist, Hutchinson worked as a postdoctoral physicist and competed for the Canadian National Team in track and field, cross-country and mountain running. He was one of only two reporters granted access to Nike’s top-secret training project that attempted to break the two-hour marathon barrier. He currently lives in Toronto and remains an avid runner.
Rocky Harris, USA Triathlon CEO, will also present a State of the Sport address and lead a round-table discussion.
Additional topics for the Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium include fueling and performance, strength and conditioning, mental training, using data effectively, navigating scientific studies and more. Attendees will receive updates from USA Triathlon on key program areas, including the NCAA Emerging Sport for Women program and USA Paratriathlon’s road to the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games. In addition, participants will hear presentations from the U.S. Center for SafeSport and the U.S. Anti-Doping Agency.
For a complete schedule and the latest information on the 2018 Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium, visit usatriathlon.org/artandscience.
Art & Science of Triathlon International Coaching Symposium
Oct. 26-27 | Tempe, Arizona
Keynote Speaker: Alex Hutchinson, Award-winning science journalist and author
- Jeffrey Capobianco, USA Triathlon Level I Certified Coach, Breakthrough Performance Coaching
- Todd Carver, Retül
- Bruckner Chase, Ocean Advocate and Waterman
- Rob Child, Chief Scientific Officer, Science in Sport
- Amanda Duke Boulet, USA Triathlon Paratriathlon Program Senior Manager
- Brian Grasky, USA Triathlon Level III Certified Coach, Grasky Endurance Coaching
- Tammy Hanson, Education Manager, U.S. Anti-Doping Agency
- Michael Harlow, USA Triathlon Level I and Youth & Junior Certified Coach, Endorphin Fitness
- Dr. Kristin Keim, M.A., Psy.D., CC-AASP
- Bobby McGee, USA Triathlon High Performance Advisor, USA Triathlon Level I Certified Coach, Bobby McGee Running
- Dr. Jon Metz, USA Triathlon Level II and Youth & Junior Certified Coach, President of the College Triathlon Coaches Association, Daemen College Head Women’s Triathlon Coach, TriVault Multisport Coaching
- Ian Murray, USA Triathlon Level III Certified Coach, LA Tri Club
- Matt Pahnke, Gatorade Sports Science Institute
- Kurt Perham, USA Triathlon Level III Certified Coach, PBM Coaching
- Dr. Carwyn Sharp, USA Triathlon Level I Certified Coach, Chief Science Officer at National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Susan Sotir, USA Triathlon Level II Certified Coach, Breakthrough Performance Coaching
- Kris Swarthout, USA Triathlon Level II and Youth & Junior Certified Coach, Final K Sporting Services
- Jessica Welk, USA Triathlon High School, Collegiate Club, and Women’s NCAA Coordinator
About USA Triathlon
USA Triathlon is proud to serve as the National Governing Body for triathlon, as well as duathlon, aquathlon, aquabike, winter triathlon, off-road triathlon and paratriathlon in the United States. Founded in 1982, USA Triathlon sanctions more than 4,300 events and connects with more than 400,000 members each year, making it the largest multisport organization in the world. In addition to its work with athletes, coaches, and race directors on the grassroots level, USA Triathlon provides leadership and support to elite athletes competing at international events, including International Triathlon Union (ITU) World Championships, Pan American Games and the Olympic and Paralympic Games. USA Triathlon is a proud member of the ITU and the United States Olympic Committee (USOC).
– usatriathlon.org –