Race weekend prize purse totals $26,000
(AUSTIN, Texas, November 13, 2018) — High Five Events, one of the largest privately owned event production companies in the United States, is excited to announce the second round of accepted athletes for the 2019 Ascension Seton Austin Marathon presented by Under Armour®. Runners not accepted into the Elite Athlete Program are still invited to run in the Elite Field. Returning for its third year in a row, this opportunity creates a competitive field of elite male and female runners while discovering emerging talent, pushing the entire talent pool to reach Olympic standards. The Program’s Year Three prize purse totals $26,000. FloTrack’s live coverage highlights the competition amongst the elites, following male and female marathoners and half marathoners.
“I am excited to run as an elite in the Austin Half Marathon,” said Samantha Calderon, 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials Qualifier. “I have heard amazing things about this race and have already had a great experience with the staff. I can’t wait to get out there and compete on the streets of Austin!”
The second round of 2019 marathoners include:
- Will Christian – Elite Athlete Program (2018 Newport News One City Marathon – 2:22:05)
- Anita Perez – Elite Athlete Program (2020 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Michael Ellenberger – Elite Field (2:33:03 at 2017 Boston Marathon)
The second round of 2019 half marathoners include:
- Samantha Calderon – Elite Athlete Program (2020 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Brendan Martin – Elite Athlete Program (2020 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Daniella Moreno – Elite Field (1:17:19 at 2016 Mountains to Beach Half Marathon)
- Tere Zacher – Elite Field (Mexican alternate for the marathon at 2016 Olympics)
The second round of 2019 Manzano Mile participants include:
- Daniel Herrera – Elite Field (2018 Manzano Mile Champ – 4:11.35)
- Francine Nzilampa – Elite Field (5:13.81 at 2018 Manzano Mile)
- Jarrett Walbolt – Elite Field (4:34.13 at 2017 Zimmer Indoor Classic)
The prize purse breakdown follows: $15,000 for the marathon, $5,000 for the half marathon, and $6,000 for the Manzano Mile presented by Dole. Applications are arriving daily and more than 100 have already been submitted. Read about the first round of accepted elite runners. The third round of athletes will be announced in a few weeks. Applications are still being accepted and elite marathoners can apply on the Austin Marathon’s website. Athletes that meet the program’s standards and are accepted will be given one comp entry to the 2019 Austin Marathon or half marathon, reimbursement eligibility, and standards bonuses.
About High Five Events: Beginning with the launch of a single triathlon in 2003, High Five Events has grown to become one of the largest privately owned event production companies in the United States. In addition to the events it owns and produces, the Austin, Texas-based company offers consulting and event production services to dozens of additional events each year. High Five Events is community-centric and has more than 100 years’ combined experience organizing large events across different venue types in a variety of locations. Follow High Five Events on Twitter (@highfiveevents), Instagram (@highfiveevents), and Facebook (facebook.com/HighFiveEventsWorldWide/) for news and updates.