Race weekend prize purse totals $26,000
AUSTIN, Texas, October 2, 2018 – High Five Events, one of the largest privately owned event production companies in the United States, is excited to announce the first round of accepted athletes for the 2019 Austin Marathon® presented by Under Armour®. Runners not accepted into the Elite Athlete Program are still invited to run in the Elite Field. Returning for its third year in a row, this opportunity creates a competitive field of elite male and female runners while discovering emerging talent, pushing the entire talent pool to reach Olympic standards. The Program’s Year Three prize purse totals $26,000. FloTrack’s live coverage highlights the competition amongst the elites, following male and female marathoners and half marathoners.
“I’m excited to return to Austin again this year!” said Jocelyn Todd, 3rd place female at the 2018 Austin Half Marathon (1:17:19). “The steep competition, rolling course, excellent organization, and awesome crowd make the event a great component to my race schedule.”
The first round of 2019 marathoners include:
- Daniel Bishop – Elite Athlete Program (3rd place 2018 Austin Marathon – 2:26:27)
- Jameson Mora – Elite Athlete Program (2020 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Beth Marzigliano – Elite Field (3rd place 2017 Run for the Red Marathon – 2:58:58)
- Nadia Tamby – Elite Field (3:00:56 at 2018 LA Marathon)
- Cole Toepfer – Elite Field (1:12:23 at 2018 Garry Bjorkland Half Marathon)
The first round of 2019 half marathoners include:
- Jocelyn Todd – Elite Athlete Program (2020 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Rachel Baptista – Elite Athlete Program (2020 Olympic Trials Marathon Qualifier)
- Ryan Root – Elite Athlete Program (2nd place 2018 Austin Half Marathon – 1:08:51)
- Megan Smith – Elite Athlete Program (2:50:19 at 2017 Twin Cities Marathon)
- Matt McCurdy – Elite Field (2018 Austin Marathon Masters Champion – 2:42:27)
- Brooke Torres – Elite Field (1:25:22 at 2018 3M Half Marathon)
- Callie Bartel – Elite Field (1:25:16 at 2017 Marquette Half Marathon)
The first round of 2019 Manzano Mile participants include:
- Cameron Villarreal – Elite Field (2017 Charlie Thomas Invitational – 4:04.6)
- James Heilman – Elite Field (4:26.8 at 2018 Texas A&M Aggie Twilight)
“The 2018 elite field provided competitive racing, highlighted by Allison Macsas qualifying for the 2020 Olympic Marathon Trials (2:43:11),” said Jack Murray, co-owner of High Five Events. “We’re excited about the growth of this program and look forward to many more elites running the streets of Austin.”
The prize purse breakdown follows: $15,000 for the marathon, $5,000 for the half marathon, and $6,000 for the Manzano Mile presented by Dole. Applications are arriving daily and more than 50 have already been submitted. The second round of athletes will be announced in a few weeks. Applications are still being accepted and elite marathoners can apply on the Austin Marathon’s website. Athletes that meet the program’s standards and are accepted will be given one comp entry to the 2019 Austin Marathon or half marathon, reimbursement eligibility, and standards bonuses.
About High Five Events: Beginning with the launch of a single triathlon in 2003, High Five Events has grown to become one of the largest privately owned event production companies in the United States. In addition to the events it owns and produces, the Austin, Texas-based company offers consulting and event production services to dozens of additional events each year. High Five Events is community-centric and has more than 100 years’ combined experience organizing large events across different venue types in a variety of locations. Follow High Five Events on Twitter (@highfiveevents), Instagram (@highfiveevents), and Facebook (facebook.com/HighFiveEventsWorldWide/) for news and updates.