Athlete Motivations on Training, Racing & Expenditure – Insights During Covid-19 (April 2020)
Custom Content from MultiSport Research
Specialist research & consultancy firm MultiSport Research has released summary findings from a recent study into athlete motivations during the current Covid-19 crisis.
The research is provided free of charge to industry stakeholders in order to help them plan during these tremendously challenging times.
The research was undertaken via an athlete survey. This ran during the month of April in order to try and understand endurance sport athlete sentiment. It covered a number of areas, including:
- Athletes’ current vs typical participation in endurance sport
- Increase or decrease in activity due to social distancing
- Levels of concern about Covid-19
- Attitudes to training & rescheduled events
- Views on race cancellations
- Attitudes to virtual racing
- Gear expenditure
- Athlete types, levels of experience & training hours
- Summary demographics
MultiSport Research is planning an update to the research in June 2020 in order to track sentiment as the Covid-19 crisis evolves. To participate in the research or find out more, please get in touch with MultiSport Research directly.