2019 GFNY Global Cycling Marathon Series
January 17, 2019
GFNY continues upward growth with addition of new events and a retail line designed by cyclists for cyclists.
GFNY is the world’s largest Cycling Marathon brand. It includes the Campagnolo GFNY World Championship in NYC and regional championships in Asia, Europe, North America, South America and Middle East – Africa.
In 2019, the GFNY brand is poised to continue its rapid expansion. GFNY will now have regional events on five continents. The addition of GFNY Santa Fe, New Mexico to the 2019 calendar marks only the second event in the United States to GFNY NYC, and the first ever North American Championship, where finishers in the top 20% will qualify for the racer corral at the 2020 Campagnolo GFNY World Championship NYC.
GFNY Apparel & Sunglasses
GFNY apparel, gear and sunglasses are designed by cyclists for cyclists under the GFNY brand. Performance sunglasses were developed in 2018 and are now available online alongside high-tech cycling clothing, accessories and casual wear, at shop.gfny.com .
In 2018, The introduction of the 3-timer medal was first introduced and awarded to riders who completed 3 or more GFNY events in a calendar year. For 2019, the success of the 3×2018 is reverberating, with more cyclists than ever planning to earn the exclusive 3×2019 achievement medal.
All riders are eligible also to earn all-time medals for their GFNY finishes, with 10x, 20x, 30x, 40x medals available for the most avid GFNY participants.
2019 at a Glance
The GFNY portfolio of events offer a balance of cultural adventure and road cycling challenges across the globe starting in South East Asia, in the Philippines on January 27th.
GFNY Philippines, January 27th
Be ready for fast racing in tropical conditions at this inaugural race and first-ever cycling marathon in the Philippines.
- Long route (140km / 1554m), medium route (66 km / 554 meters)
GFNY Bali, February 24th
Join 1500 riders at the cycling marathon on the world-renowned “Island of Gods.”
- Long route (134km / 2215m), medium route (90 km / 1189 meters)
GFNY Monterrey, March 17th
Compete on a stunning city-to-mountains course.
- Long route (150km / 1711m), medium route (105 km / 708 meters)
GFNY Uruguay, March 17th
South America’s swanky Punta del Este hosts a great bike race and a post-race beach party.
- Long route (171km / 1879m), medium route (85 km / 692m)
GFNY Colombia, March 24th
Race in a cycling-fanatic country and finish on top of the legendary La Cuchilla at 3,365m.
- GFNY LATIN AMERICA CHAMPIONSHIP
- Long route (138km / 2431m), medium route (98km / 1471m)
GFNY Italia, March 31st
GFNY Italia is back in a new location in the heart of Toscana. Race on a tough course with three sectors of legendary strade bianche (Tuscan white roads).
- Single route option of 108km / 2008m
GFNY Republica Dominicana, April 7th
Race from the world-renowned beaches of Punta Cana into lush vegetation on this rolling course with more wind than tough climbs.
- Long route (150km / 973m), medium route (94km / 398m)
GFNY Jerusalem, May 3rd
Race through the most historic city in the world and make your own history.
- GFNY MIDDLE EAST – AFRICA CHAMPIONSHIP
- Long route (126km / 2219m), medium route (72km / 1244m)
Campagnolo GFNY World Championship NYC, May 19th
The Mecca of GFNY. 5000 riders. 93 countries.
- Long route (162km / 2700m), medium route (76km / 900m)
GFNY Santa Fe, June 23rd
Host town, Sante Fe, New Mexico provides a formidable challenge for riders who excel at altitude.
- GFNY NORTH AMERICA CHAMPIONSHIP
- Long route (131km / 2288m), medium route (88km / 1015m)
GFNY Brasil, August 4th
A challenging course held in tranquil and charming Conservatória, just 3 hours from the must-visit Rio de Janeiro.
- Long route (158km / 3832m), medium route (88km / 1615m)
GFNY Portugal, September 8th
Start and finish your race at the trendy Marina of Cascais, 40 minutes west of Lisbon.
- GFNY EUROPE CHAMPIONSHIP
- Long route (162km / 2281m), medium route (82km / 1120m)
GFNY Indonesia, October 13th
GFNY INDONESIA is moving to a new and exciting host location. Stay tuned for latest updates.
- Long route (150km / 2000m), medium route (80km / 600m)
GFNY Panama, October 20th
Race, relax, repeat: fun vacation getaway at this beach destination race 90min from Panama City.
- Long route (170km / 1999m), medium route (90km / 670m)
GFNY Argentina, October 20th
GFNY is back in Argentina in a new location, San Juan. Race past vineyards at the foot of the Andes in the spring.
- Long route (154km / 1308m), medium route (91km / 658m)
GFNY Ecuador, November 3rd
Race in Manta, Ecuador’s Pacific Coast port city. The race will have both flat coastal cycling as well as challenging climbs.
- Long route (160km / 2000m), medium route (80km / 1000m)
GFNY Cozumel, November 10th
Join 3000 riders at the biggest tropical party in marathon cycling.
- Long route (160km), medium route (80km), elevation of 0m for both distances
GFNY Chile, November 24th
Race in Casablanca and Chile’s famous wine valley on a course that features one of world’s steepest granfondo climbs (up to 28%).
- Long route (154km / 2003m), medium route (87km / 752m)
AT EACH GFNY RIDERS CAN EXPECT:
- Closed roads or police moderated traffic with right of way at all intersections.
- The chance to do your best on a challenging course without having to worry about anything but riding.
- Chip timing, results and rankings based on the full start-to-finish course.
- The chance to qualify for the elite starting corral at all GFNY World races.
- Finisher medals for everyone, and competition prizes across all age groups for podium winners.
- A uniform set of rules.
- A great participant and family experience.
- An event organized by fellow cyclists with a passion for cycling and GFNY.
GFNY is the global cycling marathon brand with events held in NYC, Argentina, Bali-Indonesia, Brazil, Chile, Colombia, Costa Rica Ecuador, Italy, Jerusalem-Israel, Cozumel-Mexico, Monterrey-Mexico, Panama, Philippines, Portugal, República Dominicana, Santa Fe-USA,and Uruguay.
Riders get to BE A PRO FOR A DAY by competing against others, themselves and the clock in a personal endurance challenge.
At all GFNY events, riders have the chance to qualify for the elite racer corral at the GFNY World Championship in NYC by placing in the top 10% (20% at regional championships) of their age group.
Campagnolo GFNY World Championship NYC
The 9th annual Campagnolo GFNY World Championship New York will be held on May 19, 2019. The race features the world’s most international peloton with riders from over 90 countries. Athletes take on a challenging 100-mile route from NYC to Bear Mountain to Fort Lee to compete against each other, the clock and themselves in a personal endurance challenge.
The official GFNY website is: www.gfny.com.
Further Material for Media Use