New Board Brings a Diversified Roster of Industry Experts to the Forefront of TriggerPoint Research & Education
Austin, Texas (June 29, 2017) –TriggerPoint™, the market leader in foam rolling and movement products and education, today announced the formation of its Clinical Advisory Board, an established group of clinicians and therapists chosen to guide and advise TriggerPoint on research, clinical course development and product initiatives. The newly-formed Advisory Board is comprised of experts in Physical Therapy, Podiatry, Orthopedics, Strength and Conditioning and Chiropractic care. TriggerPoint, long known for effectively educating athletes and personal trainers with methodologies for better movement, will use the Advisory Board to drive further efficacy in the clinical market through the development of products and education designed for practicing therapists and clinicians.
“The implementation of a Clinical Advisory Board allows us to continue innovating our products and education while staying attuned and accountable to the latest research, protocols and trends within the market,” said Marco Garsed, VP of marketing for Implus, parent company of TriggerPoint. “We prioritize the integrity and quality behind our products and education, and look forward to leveraging the Advisory Board’s expertise on future endeavors to continue leading the category.”
The Clinical Advisory Board held their first meeting in April 2017 to outline research, product and education initiatives. As a result, TriggerPoint is set to release several research studies later this year with an initial focus on TriggerPoint’s new vibrating foam roller, the GRID Vibe. In addition, TriggerPoint will publish a white paper on the science behind myofascial release this fall. Future initiatives will include sport-specific therapy plans, injury prevention programs and webinars for physical therapy students.
The members of the TriggerPoint Clinical Advisory Board include:
- Erin Boynton (MD): Orthopedic surgeon and past-chair of the research committee for the Canadian Orthopedic Foundation, Dr. Boynton was the first female orthopedic surgeon to work in the MLB and NHL. For the last sixteen years, she has acted as the Medical Director for the Rogers Cup WTA tennis tour. Dr. Boynton is the co-author of over 30 academic papers and has lectured around the globe. She is also the recipient of multiple research grants, honors, and awards, including the J. Edouard Samson Award.
- Scott Cheatham (DPT, PhD): Owner of Bodymechanix Sports Medicine and Physical Therapy in Torrance, California, Dr. Cheatham holds a doctorate in physical therapy, is a board-certified specialist in orthopedics and a certified athletic trainer. The author of several articles on the topics of orthopedics, vestibular balance, and health and fitness, Dr. Cheatham is also a manuscript reviewer for the Journal of Athletic Training, the Strength and Conditioning Journal and on the editorial review board for NSCA’s Performance Training Journal.
- Martha Holzworth (DPM): Dr. Holzworth holds a doctorate in podiatric medicine from the University of Georgia where she also served as President of the Florida Podiatric Medical Student Association. After completing an extensive three year surgical residency, specializing in foot and ankle reconstruction at JFK Medical Center, she is now a part of the Boca Raton Orthopedic Group.
- Morey Kolber (DPT, PhD): Associate Professor of Physical Therapy at Nova Southeastern University and Director of Physical Therapy at Boca Raton Orthopedic Group, Dr. Kolber holds a doctorate of physical therapy and is a board-certified specialist in orthopedics. His research initiatives include shoulder joint and muscle activation of weight training athletes, hamstring and quadriceps flexibility in low back pain patients, along with various other research on spinal conditions and strength training.
- Ken Miller (LMT, S&C): As a Pain Free Movement Specialist, Miller has been active in the fitness and sports performance fields for over 20 years. He is a former Strength and Conditioning Coach at the University of California, Berkeley, where he created strength programs for football, gymnastics, women’s golf, softball, and worked closely with the sports medicine group to facilitate reconditioning programs for athletes returning from injury.
- Austin Reynolds (DC, LAT): Dr. Reynolds holds a BS in Athletic Training and Sports Medicine from the University of Texas at Austin and is a Licensed Athletic Trainer and Doctor of Chiropractic. He currently owns his own practice, Green Jay Performance & Pain Institute, and works as an Assistant Team Doctor with the Texas Stars hockey team. Dr. Reynolds is also a Senior TriggerPoint Master Trainer.
TriggerPoint™, a division of Implus Corporation, is a brand that empowers people to move better. Our innovative products are supported by simple instructions that allow anyone to manage their own therapeutic care. Our mission is to provide education and products that increase, enhance, or rehabilitate movement in anyone who craves an active lifestyle. TriggerPoint muscle recovery products and professional education are distributed worldwide. To learn more, visit www.tptherapy.com.
Headquartered in Durham, North Carolina, Implus is an innovative provider of products ranging from footcare and seasonal accessories to fitness and recovery solutions. Implus’ brand family includes Perfect Fitness®, Harbinger®, TriggerPoint®, Yaktrax®, FuelBelt®, Sof Sole®, Balega®, ForceField®, Little Hotties®, apara®, Airplus®, Sneaker Balls®, Sof Comfort®, Penguin®, ICETrekkers®, FitDeck®, DryGuy®, and now Spenco®. Implus proudly distributes to over 75,000 retail outlets across North America and in 70 countries worldwide. For more information, please call 800-446-7587 or visit www.implus.com.