RunSignUp, the leading race management platform, and Strava, the social network for athletes, are excited to announce the expansion of their partnership, with dashboard features that make it easier for races to integrate Strava into their event. Together, they are providing a way for the millions of runners, triathletes, and cyclists signing up for over 15,000 races on RunSignUp to connect for training and making racing more social.
With the new features, races can expand the race experience beyond RaceDay, creating a social community for training and providing several touch points for the race to interact with participants. Included in the release:
- Strava Club Integration: Races can link runners directly to their Strava Club via the Strava content on their race website so they can virtually train alongside others preparing for the event.
- Calendar Exposure: Races receive additional visibility for their race by adding their race to Strava’s Featured Race calendar.
- Strava Assets: Races can access a quick link to their Strava Club and a set of Strava logos that they can use to promote their Strava Club and expand its reach.
Taken together, the integration available on the RunSignUp dashboard helps race directors to leverage the viral connections of training to grow participation on RaceDay.
Bob Bickel, Founder and CEO of RunSignUp, said “the initial response to our partnership has been tremendous. Races are gaining exposure and building a connection between their participants in the lead up to the race, creating an experience that is longer than just one day”.
“As Strava continues to expand its reach among cyclists, triathletes, and runners, the RunSignUp community has been a great partner,” says Strava’s VP of Business Development and Strategy, David Lorsch. “Races love being able to give participants the chance to set their goals, track their training, and most importantly share their journey with others.”
The new integration features are available immediately, and more information can be found here: https://runsignup.wordpress.com/2018/05/10/expanded-strava-integration/
RunSignUp is the leading technology provider for races in the US. More than 15,000 races use RunSignUp to manage their events, registering more than 4 million participants each year. RunSignUp’s platform provides a hub for registration, fundraising, and race promotion, with a convenient CRM view of a race’s participants, donors, sponsors, and more. Additional RunSignUp products include RaceDay Go RD Go for Timers, RunSignUp Clubs to enable membership management, and RaceJoy for mobile experiences. Customers include leading organizations like the Boilermaker Road Race, Crim Festival of Races, Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc., Fifth Third River Bank Run, Philadelphia Marathon, Komen Race for the Cure Philadelphia, Mercedes Marathon, Kentucky Derby Festival, Silicon Valley Turkey Trot, Leone Timing, KC Running Company, Compuscore Timing, Knoxville Track Club, Pikes Peak Road Runners, Gulf Coast Runners, Columbus Running Company, Playmakers Running Store and many more. Services are free except for processing fees when conducting monetary transactions such as race registration or club membership renewal. RunSignUp is founded by runners for runners, using technical capabilities to bring the power of cloud computing to benefit the running community. For more information, visit RunSignUp.com.
Strava is the social network for athletes. Our mobile apps and website connect millions of active people every day. All athletes belong on Strava, no matter where they live, which sport they love or what device they use. Join the community at strava.com.
Our favorite stats:
- 16 activities uploaded every second, 11 million every week
- 300+ compatible mobile phones and GPS devices
- 140+ employees, most in San Francisco with more in Hanover and Bristol
- 1,100+ professional athletes are on Strava
- 1 million athletes join every 40 days
- 3 billion kudos given between athletes last year
- $7.99 a month to make the most of your sport with Premium, or $59.99 a year
- 130+ cities making commuting better with Strava Metro