Six New Companies and Two Existing Partners Will Offer Memorable Experiences for Runners During the 2018 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon Weekend of Events
PITTSBURGH – P3R, one of the nation’s premier endurance running organizations, is pleased to announce new partnerships with Peoples Gas, Chick-fil-A, Wabtec, Bayer, Chipotle and Isaly’s for the 2018 DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon. These partners join P3R’s robust portfolio of over 50 partners that includes DICK’S Sporting Goods, UPMC Health Plan, FedEx Ground, Brooks Running and Toyota, to name a few. These deals will not only help to make the 10th Anniversary celebration of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon the biggest and best one yet, but they also ensure race weekend will continue to thrive for years to come.
“We’re grateful to these partners for their support and are thrilled that they share our passion for providing exceptional experiences and promoting a love of running,” said Troy Schooley, P3R’s Senior Vice President of Partnerships and Sales. “It’s exciting to work with corporations that see significant value in aligning with the endurance running industry. Running events provide meaningful and emotional experiences to participants, which is why more companies are choosing to be part of these life-changing events.”
- Peoples Gas, the largest natural gas distribution company in Pennsylvania, is a passionate advocate for sustainability practices. P3R is proud to welcome Peoples as the Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon Greening and Sustainability Initiatives.
- Chick-fil-A has signed on as an Official Partner of the Toyota Pittsburgh Kids Marathon and will also sponsor the Chick-fil-a Saturday Finish Line Festival. Chick-fil-A is a family owned and privately held restaurant company that is devoted to serving the local communities in which its franchised restaurants operate.
- Wabtec Corporation is the leading supplier of value-added, technology-based products and services for freight rail, passenger transit and select industrial markets worldwide. The company is also the new Official Safety Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and will help P3R to make the health and safety of race participants, their families, spectators, volunteers and event staff our number one priority.
- Bayer, a global enterprise with core competencies in the life science fields of healthcare and agriculture, has signed on as an Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon and the Volunteer Program.
- Chipotle, which now operates more than 2,400 restaurants nationwide, has signed on as an Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
- Isaly’s, the iconic Pittsburgh company known across the U.S. for its chipped ham and whitehouse cherry ice cream, has signed on as the Official Ice Cream of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon.
- GEICO, a member of the Berkshire Hathaway family of companies and the second-largest private passenger auto insurance company in the United States, will create meaningful activations throughout race weekend as an Official Partner of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon. Most notably, runners can ring the GEICO PR Bell located at the Finish Line Festival at Point State Park to celebrate their best race ever.
- Barefoot Wine & Bubbly, the most awarded wine brand in the United States, will return as the Official Wine & Bubbly Sponsor for the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon weekend of events. Barefoot will offer more tastings than ever at the GNC Live Well Pittsburgh Health & Fitness Expo and coordinate race day specials with local restaurants along the marathon course. Additionally, Barefoot Wine & Bubbly will now be an Official Partner of the post-race foot massage room.
According to Schooley, “These partnerships are about much more than placing a name in front of an event or program; they allow us to provide every runner, spectator and volunteer with a world-class event experience. We see every company we work with as a partner, and we strive to make all of their relationships beneficial and meaningful.”
Organized by P3R, the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon is one of the fastest growing races in the country with more than 40,000 participants expected for the weekend of world-class events from May 4-6, 2018. This year, P3R will celebrate the 10th Anniversary of the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, as well as host the USATF Half Marathon Championships.
For more information about the DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, visit: ThePittsburghMarathon.com
# # #
About Pittsburgh Three Rivers Marathon, Inc. (P3R)
P3R is a nonprofit organization that is passionate about promoting a love of running and enhancing community access to health & fitness education and activities. Best known for organizing the acclaimed annual DICK’S Sporting Goods Pittsburgh Marathon, we also run a variety of other high-quality races, events, and health and fitness programs throughout the Pittsburgh region. While many of our races attract some of the nation’s highest-profile professional athletes, we offer activities for all ages and ability levels. The only criterion for participation is a desire to be happy, healthy and active! Read more at P3R.org.