All Speeds, Suspensions, Wheel Sizes, Shifting and Braking Systems
Boulder, CO, USA — February 13, 2018 — Lennard Zinn, the world’s leading expert on bicycle maintenance and repair, has released the new sixth edition of his best-selling guide Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, which is now available through its publisher VeloPress.
Offering simple step-by-step instructions to vintage components as well as the newest systems for shifting, suspension, and braking, Zinn’s sixth edition is the most complete resource for DIY mountain bike service. The book is now available in bookstores, bike shops, and online. Preview the book and the expanded table of contents at www.velopress.com/zinn.
“Longtime VeloNews technical writer Lennard Zinn’s maintenance books are bibles for both pro and amateur wrenches…No workbench is complete without it.” — VeloNews magazine
“Lennard Zinn really is the world’s most helpful and comprehensive human when it comes to bicycle repair and maintenance.” — Bike magazine
“Regardless of your skill level, this book is a great manual to have on hand.” — Adventure Cycling magazine
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance is the world’s best-selling guide to the maintenance and repair of mountain bikes, hybrids, and fat bikes. From basic repairs like how to fix a flat to advanced overhauls of drivetrains and brakes, Lennard Zinn’s clearly illustrated guide makes every bike repair and maintenance job easy for everyone. This user-friendly, step-by-step guide explains the tools and parts you’ll need and how to know you’ve done the job right. The book’s two-color interior is easy to read—even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. More than 750 hand-drawn illustrations and exploded-parts diagrams show just the right level of detail to lead you through every mountain bike repair task. Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance makes bicycle repair and maintenance easy, quick, affordable, and fun. With Zinn at your side, you’ll know how to keep your bicycle running smoothly for years.
What’s New in Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 6th Ed.:
- New chapter on electronic shifting covers maintenance, service, repair, and troubleshooting of all Shimano electronic shifting groups. Also included: How to program your electronic shifting system for personalized shifting as well as real-time display and shift recording on a head unit.
- New chapter on disc brakes covers maintenance, service, and repair of all hydraulic and mechanical systems.
- Complete info on the new 11-speed and SRAM 12-speed drivetrains.
- New guidelines on wheel size selection for your frame size, suspension settings, and travel.
- New procedures for mounting and sealing tubeless tire systems.
- Updated guides on replacing press-in bottom brackets with thread-in bottom brackets.
- New wheel lacing guidelines for building disc-brake compatible wheels.
- More than 750 comprehensive illustrations and exploded views including 150 new or revised illustrations.
- Updated and expanded guides on how to tune, rebuild, and maintain suspension forks and rear shocks.
- Updated and revised troubleshooting tables, torque tables, and gearing charts for 26″, 27.5″, and 29″ bikes.
- Also covered in the 6th edition: All derailleur shifting systems; all bottom bracket systems; all brake systems; all headset, stem, handlebar and fork systems; wheelbuilding for all bikes; updated and expanded torque tables; complete indexes of all illustrations and topics covered.
Zinn & the Art of Mountain Bike Maintenance, 6th Ed.: The World’s Best-Selling Guide to Mountain Bike Repair
Paperback with two-color interior and 750+ illustrations throughout.
8 1/2″ x 11″, 504 pp., $26.95, 9781937715472
About Lennard Zinn
Lennard Zinn is the world’s leading expert on bike maintenance and repair. He is a world-renowned bicycle technician, frame builder, and tech writer for VeloNews. Zinn was a member of the U.S. national racing team and has been riding and fixing bikes for nearly 50 years. A professional frame builder for his business Zinn Cycles, Lennard hosts the popular bike tech Q&A column on VeloNews.com. His best-selling bike maintenance and repair books include Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance, Zinn & the Art of Triathlon Bikes, Zinn’s Cycling Primer, The Mountain Bike Performance Handbook, and The Mountain Bike Owner’s Manual.
VeloPress is the leading publisher of books about endurance sports. Focused on cycling, triathlon, running, and swimming, VeloPress books help committed athletes achieve their goals of going faster and farther. VeloPress authors are top experts in their fields and their clearly illustrated books help athletes develop the knowledge, fitness, and skills to meet any challenge. VeloPress is part of Pocket Outdoor Media.
About Pocket Outdoor Media
Pocket Outdoor Media is the leading publisher in endurance sports. Pocket Outdoor Media’s brands influence and engage more athletes than any other through a combined print, online, and social audience of 44 million runners, cyclists, triathletes, and swimmers. Our brands include VeloNews, the authoritative voice of cycling; Triathlete, the world’s #1 triathlon resource; Women’s Running, the world’s largest running magazine for women; Competitor.com, the most trusted website for runners; and VeloPress, the world’s leading publisher of books on endurance sports. Pocket Outdoor Media is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado and has an office in San Diego, California. See more at pocketoutdoormedia.com.
Media Inquiries and Sales:
Dave Trendler, Director of Sales and Marketing, VeloPress, email@example.com
Pocket Outdoor Media
3002 Sterling Circle, Ste 100
Boulder, CO USA 80301