Communications and PR: Communications Department Management
Public Relations Manager – IRONMAN (Tampa, FL)
This mid-level position assists in the development and management of the internal and external public relations and communications function, with a focus on raising the awareness and positive perception of all IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events and brands through traditional and non-traditional media. Travel to races and handling onsite public relations at the events is a key function of this job.
- Manage North American event communications, including local market press outreach, positive promotion of the events, onsite support/logistics, and media credentialing
- Find and research compelling human interest stories to advocate through various mediums
- Support the Director, Public Relations and North America public relations team on media efforts/pitching for all IRONMAN and Rock ‘n’ Roll Marathon Series events and brands
- Oversee the delivery of regular media reporting to internal team
- Participate in brainstorming and strategy sessions on brands and new program development
- Write and edit press releases, media kits, fact sheets, public relations materials, and other brand related written materials
- Assist in incoming press requests and management of public relations email account; ensure there is an open, accurate line of communication between company and the public
- Create media guide including writing and editing of content, research and updating statistical and historical information, selection of photos and design/layout
- Oversee PR Coordinator daily tasks
Education and work experience:
- Bachelor degree in Journalism, Public Relations, Communications or similar field is preferred. MBA or an advanced degree in a related field is a plus.
- Minimum of five to eight years experience in Public Relations/Media industry required.
Skills and knowledge:
- Excellent writing, editing skills and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work nights and weekends, willingness and ability to travel to select events.
- Ability to perform as both a strategic thinker and tactical planner.
- Solid creative abilities, as well as excellent project and people management skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced and dynamically changing environment; must be flexible, able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously, and work under tight deadlines with meticulous attention to details.
- Strong business acumen with prior experience in creating and managing relationships with external agencies and the press.
- Strong project management skills and ability to work effectively with a team.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite and a strong understanding of InDesign.
- Ability to represent organization in a highly professional and polished manner.
Note: When you apply for this job online, you will be required to answer the following questions:
- what are your compensation requirements?
- How many years of applicable experience do you have?
- this position does not offer relocation assistance, are you willing to relocate yourself?
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org