NEW YORK (Oct. 6, 2017) – For the first time since 2010, participation in the iconic 2XU New York City Triathlon – part of the Life Time® Tri Series – will be available to the general public on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for the July 1, 2018 event will open Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. ET at www.nyctri.com. Registration for the remaining 2018 Life Time Tri Series races will open simultaneously at www.lifetimetri.com
“Our main reasons for moving away from the historic lottery format and instead adopt a first come, first served format is to improve convenience and make this race more easily accessible to all athletes – individuals and groups alike,” said Scott “Hootie” Hutmacher, Brand Manager for Life Time Tri.
Registration for the 2018 event is limited to the first 4,000 registrants, and expected to sell-out quickly. Official charity partners and clubs, previous volunteers and select others will have an opportunity to pre-purchase guaranteed slots.
2018 2XU NYC Tri General Entry Pricing
General registration event fees are structured on a block pricing system. Opening rates for the individual International distance have not changed for athletes, although 2018 event fees are inclusive of race insurance and registration fees, in keeping with Life Time Tri’s “one price shopping” promise.
|Standard Entries||Individual Entry Fees||Relay Team Fees
|1st 1,000 entries||$338||$420|
|2nd 1,000 entries||$365||$444|
|3rd 1,000 entries||$390||$471|
|Final 1,000 entries||$415||$498|
Priority Registration Options (prior to Nov. 1, 2017)
The new registration process will impact historic programs and guaranteed entry options, including official charity partners and volunteer programs:
- Official Charity Partners: Current Charity Partners may pre-purchase guaranteed entries during a priority registration window at the opening rate ($338). Commitments and payment must be made before the Oct. 27, 2018 deadline. A small inventory (100) post-close entries will be available for select Official Charity Partners at the premium registration rate. Full details are available from the Team & Charity Manager.
- New Charity Partners: Non-profits groups interested in earning Official Charity Partner status must submit this online application for consideration by Sunday, Oct. 15, 2017. Approved applicants will earn the same benefits listed above.
- 2017 Volunteers: The new process will continue to honor guaranteed entry for the previous year’s volunteers, who may pre-purchase individual entry during the priority registration window at a discounted rate. Full details will be distributed prior to Oct. 18, 2017. This process will continue for current year volunteers, each of whom will earn guaranteed entry into the following year’s event.
- 2017 Volunteer Captains: As usual, key volunteers will earn guaranteed, complimentary entry into the 2018 event. Full details will be distributed to those who qualify prior to Oct. 18, 2017.
- 2017 Deferrals: Participants who elected to defer their 2017 2XU New York City Triathlon entry to the 2018 event may pre-purchase a guaranteed entry at a discounted rate during the priority registration window. Full details will be distributed prior to Oct. 18.
- Existing Tri Clubs: Current, official triathlon clubs will be able to pre-purchase guaranteed entries during the priority registration window at the opening rate. Commitment and full payment must be made during the priority registration window. Full details are available from the Team & Charity Manager.
- New Tri Clubs: Clubs/teams not currently enrolled in the Official Tri Club program must submit this online application for consideration by Sunday, Oct. 15. Approved applicants will earn the same benefits listed above.
- Life Time Tri Championship Qualifiers: Qualifiers into the 2018 Life Time Tri Championship event, held within the 2018 2XU New York City Triathlon, must commit and register using their individual registration procedure by 11:59 p.m. ET on Oct. 27, 2017. South Beach and CapTex Tri qualifiers (who will qualify after these initial deadlines) must register for the Championship by 11:59 p.m. ET on Apr. 22 and Jun. 4, respectively.
Other Registration Options (after Nov. 1, 2017)
Beyond the General Entry process, which opens Wednesday, Nov. 1, 2017 at 12:00 p.m. ET, the following specialty registration options will be available to the general public:
|Specialty Entries||Entry Fee|
|Champions’ Club – Individual||$595|
|Champions’ Club – Relay||$645|
- Champions’ Club Program: One hundred individual and 25 relay team entries, will be set aside for Champions’ Club access, featuring full-service race amenities and VIP access to the both Start and Finish areas. Champions’ Club entries are first-come, first-served.
- Para Triathletes: A limited number of guaranteed entries will be set aside for para and physically challenged athletes at the opening rate. To guarantee entry, individuals must commit to the event by Sunday, May 20, 2018 at 11:59 pm EDT.
About Life Time®—Health Way of Life
Life Time champions a healthy and happy life for its members across 127 destinations in 36 major markets in the U.S. and Canada. As the nation’s only Healthy Way of Life brand, Life Time delivers an unmatched athletic resort experience and provides a comprehensive healthy living, healthy aging and healthy entertainment experience that goes well beyond fitness to encompasses the entire spectrum of daily life for individuals, couples and families of all ages. For more information visit www.lifetime.life.
# # #