March 16, 2018 (Toronto) – For the second year in a row, Canada Running Series is delighted to partner with lululemon for the Toronto Waterfront 10K taking place on Saturday, June 16, 2018.
An exciting addition to the Canada Running Series race calendar, lululemon will also partner for the Edmonton 10K, a brand new race coming to Alberta’s capital on Sunday, July 22, 2018. Runners will cross the High Level Bridge, run along scenic Saskatchewan Drive through the tree lined streets of Windsor Park, back over the bridge, and finish with a party at Alberta Legislature Grounds.
Earlier this year, Canada Running Series announced the appointment of Ryan Chilibeck as Western Race Director. Ryan is thrilled to bring the Canada Running Series and lululemon experience to his hometown:
“I’m beyond excited that my first project with Canada Running Series will be a collaborative effort with lululemon to bring a high-calibre 10K road race to my hometown. We have been working hard to ensure that every detail of the event will showcase the absolute best of Edmonton. We want our guests to have an amazing race experience that is memorable for racers, spectators, volunteers, and our entire community. This city, and the amazing running culture within it, is a bit of a hidden gem so we’re grateful to create something we can all be proud of and make the Edmonton 10K a staple of the annual YEG racing calendar.”
Once again, lululemon will transform the race experience pre and post-race with highlights such as:
- Complimentary Training Program: Participants will be able to take part in an 8-week training program in Toronto and Edmonton, led by run ambassadors at select lululemon stores.
- Official lululemon Participant Shirts: As the official retailer and apparel partner of the event, lululemon will be providing a technical race shirt to all runners.
- Complimentary Race Photos: All photos will be complimentary to download for runners this year. Runners can pre-register with Marathon-Photos to have their photos automatically uploaded to Facebook as they become available.
- Enhanced Cheer Stations: Runners will be treated to unique, on-site cheer stations featuring local entertainment.
- Post-Race Party: Runners and their families will be invited to a post-race party including a DJ, stretching and yoga, multiple vendors, food trucks and an overall really good time.
“We’re thrilled to share the news about the expansion of our all-Canadian partnership with lululemon,” said Canada Running Series Race Director, Alan Brookes. “We are both passionately committed to excellence, to innovation, and creating outstanding, meaningful running experiences. Together, I believe we can continue to transform the running space in our country and send good vibes across the planet.”
Registration for the Toronto Waterfront 10K will open on Friday, March 23 at 10:00 a.m. EST and those interested in participating are encouraged to register early as the race is capped at 8,500 runners.
Registration for the Edmonton 10K will open on Thursday, April 5 at 10:00 a.m. MST and will be capped at 5,000 runners.
Information and entry:
Toronto Waterfront 10K: http://toronto10k.com
Edmonton 10K: http://edmonton10k.com
About Canada Running Series
Canada Running Series is the nation’s premier running circuit with 8 events: 4 in Toronto, 2 in Vancouver 1 in Montreal and 1 in Edmonton. It annually attracts some 60,000 participants and raises more than $6 million for some 320 mostly-local charities. The Series includes the IAAF Gold Label Scotiabank Toronto Waterfront Marathon, and the Athletics Canada National Marathon Championships. Since 1999, CRS has gained international recognition for innovation and organization.
We are passionately committed to staging great experiences for runners of all levels from Canadian Olympians and International stars, to healthy lifestyle people and charity runners; and to making sport part of sustainable communities and the city-building process. Our mission is “building community through the sport of running.”
Canada Running Series
Jenna Pettinato, Manager of Communications
416-944-2765, ext: 511
Seema Dhillon, Canadian PR Manager